Monday 14 July 2014

Ordered

Ordered

The car is now ordered - a painless process with the Caterham South very helpful.

Options

The options I've chosen are:

Lowered floor - I'm just short of 6ft. I tried a non-lowered car when I went for the test drive, and the view is definitely better in the lowered version. You feel you're looking straight through the windscreen

Roof/doors/windscreen - it seems fairly obvious to choose this one. Although it seems like a lot of money, at £1100, you do get various other bits and pieces such as windscreen wipers, washer bottle, heating in the windscreen etc

Heater - it will make those winter rides more of an option with the top off, I'm hoping

Carpets - a nod to civilisation!

Colour

I'm still agonising about this. A thousand quid for a painted car does seem steep, but then again the classic green/yellow with the bonnet stripe is very appealing. I shall make my decision later - again, Caterham are very flexible and helpful about this kind of thing.
UPDATE: I caved in and went for green with yellow bonnet stripe and noseband. It's the classic Lotus colours and I love them

No comments:

Post a Comment