Sunday 3 May 2015

Day 24: seats

LATER EDIT: once you've put the seats in, you won't be able to retighten or torque up the upper radius arm, as the seats cover the inner end of the bolt completely!

I have the standard leather seats, which do look very smooth and comfortable. My kids have been using them as armchairs in their bedrooms since they arrive a month ago!
Ah... the smell of leather
The seats are fairly easy to fit. But things would have been much easier if I'd realised that the seat bottoms (the bit you put your arse on) come out.
Seat bottom removed, which reveals the runners, fixings and makes things much easier

Fixing the four bolts through the seat and out of the floor means getting your allen key into some awkward angles. OR... just lift the seat bottom out!

To try and make the floor a bit more watertight, I put a bead of clear silicone around each washer before fitting. As they tightened up, they ooze silicone out and also up the thread.
Edit: I've read elsewhere that making the floor watertight can cause problems when it rains. If the water can't drain out, then I can see what they mean. But I'll keep it as it is until it becomes a problem - easily fixed!

Seat washers, with bead of silicone sealant

Once it's all done, it looks fantastic!

Nice array of leather, vinyl and stainless steel (some covered on the steering wheel by tape)
Sorted. The yellow stickers were an addition by my younger son. Not sure if they are keepers...
Fitting the Moto-lita steering wheel is pretty easy. I had to move the upper steering column upward a little - which I should have done when I put it in. RTFM.

Next: fluids in, engine start!

No comments:

Post a Comment