Wednesday 15 April 2015

Already thinking about upgrades and additions

There are two trains of thought here:
1. bits and pieces that I can change that will add to the car's utility
2. things that will make the car go faster

[I'm not going down the path of how to make the car look prettier, because I like it just as it is! I have bought some stainless steel door sill protectors, though, to save the paintwork.]

No 1 is fairly easy. The current list is:

  • 12v charging point under the scuttle for battery conditioner
  • USB charging point between the seats for phone/cam etc
  • tie-down points in the boot for a bungee spider
    • I'm looking for small (1"-2" square) flush mounted rings, spring loaded so they don't rattle
  • improving the brightness of the headlamps by changing reflector and bulbs
No 2 is more tricky. Someone at Caterham has thought hard about the power-weight-performance-grip of this car. Simply giving the engine another 20hp (there are Japanese websites on how to do this...) might make the car go from pleasantly slidey to undriveable. Also, the whole 'feel' of this car is that it's not really Demon Tweaks territory, with fluorescent blue silicon hoses etc.

On this page, I'll keep my thoughts and progress on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment