Monday 20 April 2015

Day 13: more plumbing, intercooler, radiator, header tank


After a weekend off, I was itching to get back on the car this evening. Apart from the steering column, the front end of the car is now complete, which is a great feeling.

Header tank fitted, and connected up. Mysteriously, the Assembly Guide is very keen on inserting clips onto the degas hose (think de-gas, not Degas the artist), but doesn't actually instruct you to connect them up to the header tank itself.

I fitted the intercooler as instructed. But... my chassis is slightly proud in the middle of the cruciform weld. As a result, the middle of the intercooler does 'ground' onto this. To save any bent aluminium, I put another spacer washer underneath, to lift it another 1/8" or so.

All the main pipes to and from intercooler and radiator are very easily sorted, and very satisfying. Though without my set of hose clamp pliers, the job would be very tricky I'm sure.

Finally, a bit more cable tying and now the only thing to be connected up are the battery cables.
Everything connected, apart from battery terminals

I couldn't resist fitting the front wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment